Monday, January 6, 2014

The Making of a Christmas Card


Our Christmas Card!!

As you may, or may not know, for the last few years Thomas and I have been sending out a Christmas Card. I'm sorry if you haven't made the cut-usually they're just sent to our parents and siblings with maybe a few lucky family members thrown in. We started this tradition the Christmas we spent in Australia, Amy's first away from home and first summer Christmas too! I wanted to send a card to my family with a picture of us on the beach in our bathing suits with Santa hats, just to rub in that I'm in a tropical paradise while everyone back home is in a blizzard. We continued the tradition last year taking a picture while snowboarding in Colorado, and it seems we want to make the tradition be us somewhere that perfectly depicts our current lifestyle and home while wearing Santa hats. I had the idea that this year in New Plymouth, we should be on a surf board. I didn't think it would be as difficult to take a good picture as it was! Luckily, we had a professional photographer (Kent, Thomas' cousin) on hand and his underwater camera. It was easy to choose the picture that ended up on our Christmas Card, because it was legitimately the only good one. But the rest are hilarious, and it was an amazing afternoon playing in the surf as well.







1 comment: